Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Filters pt. 2: Refine, part of Lightroom 2 New Features.
In this movie, we're going to dig into the Refine filter. Now before we get to the Refine filter, we actually have to add…some star rating and some labels to our images so we can take advantage of the full power of the Refine filter. Now we'll…learn some shortcuts along the way as we learn the Refine filter. Alright here I have this first image. I want to add a one-star…rating to this image, so I'll go ahead and click on that in the Thumbnail view. Next, I'll use a shortcut. I have a three-button mouse,…so I'll use the scroll wheel to scroll down. If you don't have a three-button mouse,…no big deal, simply use the scroll bar. I'm going to select another image. Now, I think this is a good image, but I can't really…see it, so I'll double-click on the image to take it to the Loupe View mode. Alright, that is a good image, it's a keeper,…I'm going to give it a one-star rating. Next I want to look at some other images, so I'll press the right arrow key to scroll…through these file here. Another good image, I'm going to press one and six. So now it has a one-star rating,…
- Using the Text, Refine, and Metadata filters to organize and access images
- Managing an image library with the Catalog panel, folders, and collections
- Designing slideshow presentations
- Exploring the enhanced Split Toning tool
- Using the improved sharpening and detail features
- Printing high-quality images