Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Filtering by still photos, virtual copies, and video files, part of Lightroom 5 Essentials: 02 Managing Images with the Library Module.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Since we're on the topic of filtering, why don't we talk about how we can filter…based on different types of files that we can work on here in Lightroom.…You can see that I've navigated to the main exercise files folder.…Inside of this folder we have images. We also have a few video files.…Now I want to filter these out so that I'm only seeing the video files.…To do that, press the G key to navigate to the grid view, then click on the attribute…tab here. Next we can go over to this area where it…says kind. An you can click on the last option which…will allow us just to view the video files which we have inside of our library.…
In order to turn that filtering off, we can click on the icon once again.…Then you'll notice that we have two other icons.…These icons allow us to view the master photographs, or the virtual copies.…Now, virtual copies are something that we'll cover more in the part of our course…where we dig into the develop module, yet here, I simply want to highlight how we…can make virtual copies. And then sort and find those.…
- Adding flags, stars, and labels to images
- Filtering your library by text, metadata, and file type
- Stacking photos into groups
- Creating a collection to group images
- Tagging images with locations
- Processing images in the Library module
- Viewing and editing videos
- Working with the DNG file format
- Adding copyright metadata to photos
- Adding keywords
- Opening images in Photoshop
- Exporting, emailing, and publishing photos
Skill Level Beginner
1. Rating, Ranking, and Labeling Your Photographs
2. Filtering and Finding Photographs
3. Organizing with Collections
4. Managing Images with the Map Module
Creating saved locations4m 41s
5. Processing Images in the Library Module
6. Viewing and Editing Videos
7. Exporting and Publishing Videos
8. Working with the DNG File Format
9. Working with Metadata
10. Opening Images in Photoshop
11. Exporting, Emailing, and Publishing Photographs
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.