Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Filtering by flag, stars, and labels, part of Lightroom 5 Essentials: 02 Managing Images with the Library Module.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Now that we've spent all this time talking about how we can rate and rank our…photographs, next it's time to take a look at how we can filter and find the best…photographs after we've applied flags, stars, or color label ratings to our pictures.…Well, we can do that by navigating to the Library module, and it's easiest to begin…in the grid view. Here you'll notice the library filter bar…is above. If that isn't visible press the backslash…key, you can press that key to toggle the visibility of the library filter on and off.…
And what you want to do here in the library filter is click on the option for attribute.…When you do that, you'll see that you have some attributes which you can search for,…filter for. The first one is flag, next we have stars,…then we have color labels. In this way, we can say, you know what,…show me the images which have a two-star rating or higher.…And here, we can simply switch on this icon here.…If we want to change this two stars or lower, simply click on the icon here and…
- Adding flags, stars, and labels to images
- Filtering your library by text, metadata, and file type
- Stacking photos into groups
- Creating a collection to group images
- Tagging images with locations
- Processing images in the Library module
- Viewing and editing videos
- Working with the DNG file format
- Adding copyright metadata to photos
- Adding keywords
- Opening images in Photoshop
- Exporting, emailing, and publishing photos
Skill Level Beginner
1. Rating, Ranking, and Labeling Your Photographs
2. Filtering and Finding Photographs
3. Organizing with Collections
4. Managing Images with the Map Module
Creating saved locations4m 41s
5. Processing Images in the Library Module
6. Viewing and Editing Videos
7. Exporting and Publishing Videos
8. Working with the DNG File Format
9. Working with Metadata
10. Opening Images in Photoshop
11. Exporting, Emailing, and Publishing Photographs
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.