Join Bryan O'Neil Hughes for an in-depth discussion in this video File handling (virtual copies and collections), part of Lightroom and Photoshop: Photography Workflow Strategies.
- A couple of other things to know…about the Library module.…Sometimes you'll have an image…and you're not sure if you want…a color or black and white image,…or you want to use different treatments…on that photo.…Well, one of the things that you can do…is create a virtual copy,…and that's exactly what happens.…It just creates a second copy of the file.…You have another raw file,…or another JPEG, PSD, or TIFF.…So, what I'm going to do with this file…is I'm just going to right-click it,…and I'm going to come down here…to Create Virtual Copy,…and I've got another file right next to that,…so maybe with this one I want to apply…one of my quit controls here,…with a saved preset.…
Let's just do something crazy…like a black and white preset,…and now right next to my color image…is a black and white image.…I've got the best of both worlds.…I have two raw files there.…Another thing I can do is…select all of my images…and come up to the Library menu,…and Choose a New Collection.…And there's a couple of different benefits here.…It's great for organizing small sets of images.…
AuthorBryan O'Neil Hughes
In this course, Bryan O'Neil Hughes describes a modern photographic workflow that pairs Photoshop with Lightroom. Learn the differences between a Bridge and ACR workflow and a Lightroom workflow, and see how to take advantage of Lightroom's features to work more efficiently.
And because the world is going mobile, Bryan also shares insights into where Lightroom for mobile fits into today's photographic workflow.
- Capturing images
- Importing images in Lightroom
- Working with HDR images and panoramas
- Developing photos in Lightroom vs. Camera Raw
- Getting the most from Photoshop's tools
- Going beyond the desktop with Adobe mobile apps, CC Libraries, and Behance
- Putting it all together in a streamlined workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
Enhancing a Travel Photo with Photoshop and Lightroomwith Jan Kabili54m 49s Intermediate
1. Capture: It's All About the Input
Capture has changed1m 15s
2. Lightroom Import and Library
3. Lightroom Develop
4. Photoshop's Role
5. Beyond the Desktop
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.