Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Exporting photographs with previously used settings, part of Lightroom 5 Essentials: 02 Managing Images with the Library Module.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
In the previous movie we selected a few photographs from this folder and then we…exported those pictures so that we could convert these high resolution raw files…into lower resolution JPEG files. Well, here in this movie, I want to take a…look at how we can take advantage of all of those export settings which we've used previously.…Because let's say for example that we've decided that we also want to export…another photograph as well with those same exact settings.…Well, we can do that by simply selecting the photograph then you can navigate to…the File pull down menu and here rather than selecting Export, we'll choose Export…with Previous. In doing that it will apply the previous…export settings and, in this case, it's going to apply those settings, even the…naming convention. Here, it's telling me that this particular…file already exists. What should we do?…Well, ask it to use a unique name and what that will do is it will create a unique…name and still save this image to that particular folder.…
Well now here you can see the folder of images.…
- Adding flags, stars, and labels to images
- Filtering your library by text, metadata, and file type
- Stacking photos into groups
- Creating a collection to group images
- Tagging images with locations
- Processing images in the Library module
- Viewing and editing videos
- Working with the DNG file format
- Adding copyright metadata to photos
- Adding keywords
- Opening images in Photoshop
- Exporting, emailing, and publishing photos
Skill Level Beginner
1. Rating, Ranking, and Labeling Your Photographs
2. Filtering and Finding Photographs
3. Organizing with Collections
4. Managing Images with the Map Module
Creating saved locations4m 41s
5. Processing Images in the Library Module
6. Viewing and Editing Videos
7. Exporting and Publishing Videos
8. Working with the DNG File Format
9. Working with Metadata
10. Opening Images in Photoshop
11. Exporting, Emailing, and Publishing Photographs
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.