Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Exporting to a hard drive, part of Lightroom 5 Essentials: 02 Managing Images with the Library Module.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Once you're ready to export your video file from Lightroom, the process is…actually pretty easy. All that you need to do is to select the file.…In this case, I've clicked on this file here.…And then next click on the Export button, which is located in the lower left-hand…area of the library module. Or you can also navigate to the File pull…down menu, then select Export. Either way, when you click on the button…or this menu item, it will launch our Export dialogue.…Let's go ahead and take a look at some of the settings that we want to consider…here, beginning at top. First, you want to define a location.…
You want to export this so you can burn it to CD or DVD or just save it to a hard drive.…In my case, I want to save this file to my local hard drive.…So I'll select that option there. Then we can determine or define a location.…Here I'll save this to the desktop, but I want to put it in a subfolder, and I'll…title that Subfolder Video. Next, we have some options when it comes…to file naming. Here I'll choose a custom name.…
- Adding flags, stars, and labels to images
- Filtering your library by text, metadata, and file type
- Stacking photos into groups
- Creating a collection to group images
- Tagging images with locations
- Processing images in the Library module
- Viewing and editing videos
- Working with the DNG file format
- Adding copyright metadata to photos
- Adding keywords
- Opening images in Photoshop
- Exporting, emailing, and publishing photos
Skill Level Beginner
1. Rating, Ranking, and Labeling Your Photographs
2. Filtering and Finding Photographs
3. Organizing with Collections
4. Managing Images with the Map Module
Creating saved locations4m 41s
5. Processing Images in the Library Module
6. Viewing and Editing Videos
7. Exporting and Publishing Videos
8. Working with the DNG File Format
9. Working with Metadata
10. Opening Images in Photoshop
11. Exporting, Emailing, and Publishing Photographs
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.