Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Explore next steps, part of Introduction to Photography: Lightroom Classic CC and Photoshop.
- I've thrown a lot of information at you in this course,…and I understand it can be overwhelming.…You don't have to completely understand all of it at once.…Hopefully, though, you know enough now…to plan and build a workflow.…I expect you'll find that every time you take…your images through that workflow,…you'll understand it a little better…and begin to see ways that it can be improved.…While we've focused on Lightroom and Photoshop…in this course, there are other software options out there.…Photoshop ships with an image browser called Bridge…which gives you some of the library…functions that Lightroom has.…
You can rate and keyword and browse folders.…However, Bridge doesn't have a built in database,…so searches can be slow, particularly…as your image library grows.…You can get Lightroom's database features from a program…like Capture One's Media Pro, which does build a database…of images and allows for very speedy searching and sorting.…However, it doesn't offer the ability to round trip…original images into Photoshop.…
Where to begin learning tools like these? Right here. In this course, photographer, author, and educator Ben Long introduces the concepts and creative options behind photographic post-processing. From fixing problems to retouching, Ben shows how to do it, without overdoing it, with Lightroom Classic CC, Photoshop, and the Adobe mobile apps.
- Importing and organizing images in Lightroom
- Rating images in Lightroom
- Adjusting images in Lightroom
- Retouching in Photoshop
- Making pixel-level edits in Photoshop
- Syncing and editing images in Lightroom mobile