Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Enhancing photos with text and graphics, part of Using Lightroom and Photoshop Together.
- View Offline
From time to time, you may need to add text or graphics on top of a photograph.…And when that's the case, you want to take the photograph from Lightroom to…Photoshop, which has some sophisticated text and graphics tools.…Maybe you're making an announcement for a photo show, or you're mocking up some…collateral or a website that you are going to hand over to a designer.…Before I take a photo over to Photoshop to add text or graphics, I like…to prepare a surface.…In other words, here it's dark at the bottom and then gets lighter, I'd like…that all to be evened out.…So, I am going to go to the Develop module and I am going to get the Graduated…Filter tool, and then I'll come into the image, and I'll click and drag.…
And I'll move the Exposure up.…If I click on that point, I can change the location of the Graduated Filter.…And I could add other parameters by moving these sliders.…But, I am happy with it as it is, so I'll click Done.…So now I'm ready to take the image to Photoshop. I'll press Cmd+E on the…
In this course, photographer and author Jan Kabili shows how to combine both programs. The course begins with details on how to set up the two programs for maximum compatibility. The course then covers strategies for working with photos in a variety of formats, sending them from Lightroom to Photoshop to viewing the edited results in Lightroom. The final chapter demonstrates several real-world scenarios for using Lightroom and Photoshop together.
- Setting the Lightroom preferences for editing in Photoshop
- Passing photos from Lightroom to Photoshop
- Handling software version mismatches
- Viewing and organizing Photoshop-edited photos in Lightroom
- Creating Lightroom presets for external editing
- Using Lightroom with Photoshop Elements
- Building a panorama with Lightroom and Photoshop
- Passing multiple photos to Photoshop for compositing
- Sending photos to Photoshop for retouching and removing content
- Bringing photos into Photoshop to add text and graphics