Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing raw photos in Photoshop, part of Lightroom 5 Essentials: 02 Managing Images with the Library Module.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Let's take a look at how we can start to open and edit our photographs from…Lightroom over to Photoshop. First, we want to select a folder, in this…case I've select the folder Portraits 2, and then click on an image.…Now, there are a few different techniques that you can use to edit an image inside…of Photoshop. You can Right-Click or Ctrl+Click on an…image, and select Edit In, and then choose this option here, Edit in Photoshop…Creative Cloud. This will be the default settings, or we…can also choose the alternative settings, as well, or you can navigate to the Photo…pull-down menu. Here select Edit In, or choose the same…options here. You'll notice that there are some shortcuts.…
I recommend that you jot those shortcuts down because most likely you'll be going…back and forth between Lightroom and Photoshop pretty frequently.…So on a Mac you can press Cmd+E, on Windows you can press Ctrl+E to edit and…to open up an image in Photoshop. Let's go ahead and do that with this…photograph here. In doing that, it gives me this warning…
- Adding flags, stars, and labels to images
- Filtering your library by text, metadata, and file type
- Stacking photos into groups
- Creating a collection to group images
- Tagging images with locations
- Processing images in the Library module
- Viewing and editing videos
- Working with the DNG file format
- Adding copyright metadata to photos
- Adding keywords
- Opening images in Photoshop
- Exporting, emailing, and publishing photos
Skill Level Beginner
1. Rating, Ranking, and Labeling Your Photographs
2. Filtering and Finding Photographs
3. Organizing with Collections
4. Managing Images with the Map Module
Creating saved locations4m 41s
5. Processing Images in the Library Module
6. Viewing and Editing Videos
7. Exporting and Publishing Videos
8. Working with the DNG File Format
9. Working with Metadata
10. Opening Images in Photoshop
11. Exporting, Emailing, and Publishing Photographs
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.