Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing an original TIFF or PSD, part of Lightroom 5 Essentials: 02 Managing Images with the Library Module.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
So far we've taken a look at how we can work with our RAW files and edit those in Photoshop.…Next I want to explore how we can edit our TIFF or PSD or JPEG files as well.…Well, here in this folder we have the original RAW file right here.…We also have this TIFF file, which we created in the previous movie.…Now after having looked at this TIFF file, what I want to do is I want to re-open…this in Photoshop and I want to modify it even further.…To do that, we'll simply select the photograph.…Then, navigate to the Photo > Edit In > Photoshop.…
In doing this, it will open up a dialogue, which will ask up how we actually want to…bring this photograph over to Photoshop. You can see that we have three different options.…The top option is really good if you've worked on the image inside of Light room.…In other words, let's say you brought this image to the Develop Module and you made…some adjustments there. What this would do is create a copy or…duplicate version of the file with any Lightroom adjustment applied.…
- Adding flags, stars, and labels to images
- Filtering your library by text, metadata, and file type
- Stacking photos into groups
- Creating a collection to group images
- Tagging images with locations
- Processing images in the Library module
- Viewing and editing videos
- Working with the DNG file format
- Adding copyright metadata to photos
- Adding keywords
- Opening images in Photoshop
- Exporting, emailing, and publishing photos
Skill Level Beginner
1. Rating, Ranking, and Labeling Your Photographs
2. Filtering and Finding Photographs
3. Organizing with Collections
4. Managing Images with the Map Module
Creating saved locations4m 41s
5. Processing Images in the Library Module
6. Viewing and Editing Videos
7. Exporting and Publishing Videos
8. Working with the DNG File Format
9. Working with Metadata
10. Opening Images in Photoshop
11. Exporting, Emailing, and Publishing Photographs
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.