Learn how to use Lightroom to improve the appearance of any photo, including stock images and mobile phone photos, to get professional-looking results.
- [Theresa Jackson] Do you have a collection of pretty photos? Ones that your mom or best friend might tell you are amazing or the best ever, but privately you know they could be better, and you wish that there was an easy way to accomplish that. Well the power of Lightroom editing is the answer. You might not consider yourself to be a photographer, but you have a blog with images, or you manage a website, or you sell a product online and take photos of the product with your cellphone. Maybe you're a marketing manager who sources images for advertising, or a designer who uses stock photography in your design projects. Whatever situation you're in, if you need professional looking photos, you will benefit from this course. We'll go over Lightroom's editing controls, explaining not only the how to, but the why to for editing. Each lesson includes image critiques and tips for improving composition. You'll learn the techniques to take your photos from ho-hum to amazing. Hi, I'm Theresa Jackson. I am a designer, a graphic artist and an instructor. I spent many years in my early career as a commercial retoucher, fixing and color correcting other photographer's images. Today my true passion is photography. I use Lightroom for both capture and edit, and I believe almost every photo has a potential to be fantastic with the right editing. Follow along with me as I take you through the steps of professional quality editing using Adobe Lightroom.
- Understanding the histogram
- Enhancing image details
- Adding a vignette effect
- Reducing noise
- Straightening a subject with geometry
- Making creative color adjustments for drama
- Reducing distractions
- Highlighting your subject
- Adding and smoothing detail
- Exporting photos
- Selecting file options for web or print