Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Edit your images faster as Smart Previews, part of Lightroom Classic CC New Features.
- [Instructor] There is a new feature in Lightroom…which can help you to speed up your workflow,…and it's related to Smart Previews.…Now, we already know a little bit about Smart Previews,…so let me review that quickly.…When we import our images into Lightroom,…here I am in the import dialog,…we can choose this option to build Smart Previews.…Now, why do you choose that?…Well, we choose that because what it does…is it creates a smaller version…of a really high-resolution file.…It saves that as part of the Lightroom catalog.…Then we can continue to work on the image…in the Library module, in the Develop module, et cetera,…even if the hard drive where that image is saved is offline…and not plugged in.…
So, it's a method or technique for speeding up our workflow…when we have images that are on drives…which aren't necessarily connected.…But now there's another advantage…to working with Smart Preview.…So, if we choose that option,…and when we import create Smart Previews,…we can take advantage of that…when we're inside of Lightroom.…
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 02/05/2016. What changed?
A: We added one new movie, "Boundary Warp for better pano photos."
Q: This course was updated on 10/18/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover new localized masking, color masking on a landscape, luminance masking on a landscape, and localized masking.
1. Library Module: Face Recognition
2. Library Module: Photo Merge
3. Library Module: Workflow
4. Develop Module: Image Enhancements
5. Slideshow and Web Modules
6. Develop Module: Selective Adjustments
Color masking on a landscape3m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.