Join Derrick Story for an in-depth discussion in this video Discussing the interior shoot expectations with a student, part of Portrait Photography: High School Seniors.
- So I've talked Zach into sitting down with me…for a minute here, because as photographers…we always know what's in our head…when we're going to a shoot.…But I think it's helpful to know what's going on…with our subjects, and what they're thinking about.…I think it helps us craft a better session,…and so I thought we would just chat for a minute.…I wanna tell you, so when I'm coming into the shoot,…I have to tell you, a lotta stuff I'm thinking about…doesn't have that much to do with you to be honest.…Nothing personal. - It's all right.…- I mean, I'm thinking about my camera,…my lens, and my lighting, and how much time we have…and all that sorta stuff.…
So I'm actually thinking a lotta technical sorta stuff.…But I was wondering when you're driving over here,…and you're hanging around, and you first come in,…what's some of the stuff that's going through your head?…How do you want this thing to go?…- I'm a teenager, so a lotta times I'm focused on myself.…(both laugh)…I'm just hoping that I photograph well…and that everything goes well with me,…
- Guidelines for senior portraits
- Setting up a portable studio
- Posing subjects
- Shooting outside
- Working with family members
- Using mirrorless cameras and smartphones
- Editing senior portraits
- Exporting and delivering images
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Natural Light Portrait Photographywith Chris Orwig2h 30m Intermediate
Up-Close Portrait Photography: Start to Finishwith Chris Orwig2h 5m Intermediate
1. The Basic Guidelines and Business of Portraiture
2. Studio Space and Posing Options
3. Working with Family Members and Shooting Outside
4. Using Mirrorless and Smartphones for Portraits
5. Sort and Organize the Photo Shoot
6. Edit and Enhance Your Selects
7. Deliver the Images
Next steps1m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.