Join Derrick Story for an in-depth discussion in this video Discuss the expectations for the yearbook portrait, part of Portrait Photography: High School Seniors.
- So, I'm sitting here with Max,…and not only are we taking his picture today,…but this is kind of cool,…he is also an editor for his high school yearbook.…So, we get a little inside information, too.…So, I really appreciate you hanging out today.…- No problem. - Good.…So, let's start with the photo shoot,…then we'll talk about the yearbook stuff.…So, when I come here,…and I asked your brother this yesterday.…So, I come to a photo shoot, I've got all sorts…of stuff in my head.…Technical stuff, you know, lenses, lighting, and all that.…
What are some of the stuff you're thinking about…as you come into the shoot?…Especially in terms of the photographer.…- I think the main thing I want from the photographer…is just that they can make me feel comfortable…when I'm taking pictures.…Because, I haven't done a lot of photo shoots before,…and I'm guessing most people that…do their senior portraits haven't.…The more comfortable they can make me,…the less I have to worry about, the more fun I'm gonna have.…- Yeah.…- I just want it to be an enjoyable experience.…
- Guidelines for senior portraits
- Setting up a portable studio
- Posing subjects
- Shooting outside
- Working with family members
- Using mirrorless cameras and smartphones
- Editing senior portraits
- Exporting and delivering images
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Natural Light Portrait Photographywith Chris Orwig2h 30m Intermediate
Up-Close Portrait Photography: Start to Finishwith Chris Orwig2h 5m Intermediate
1. The Basic Guidelines and Business of Portraiture
2. Studio Space and Posing Options
3. Working with Family Members and Shooting Outside
4. Using Mirrorless and Smartphones for Portraits
5. Sort and Organize the Photo Shoot
6. Edit and Enhance Your Selects
7. Deliver the Images
Next steps1m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.