Join Bryan O'Neil Hughes for an in-depth discussion in this video Develop workflow, part of Lightroom: Mastering the Develop Module (2017).
- [Instructor] We've learned a lot…of different tips and tricks about the tools…and the adjustments in the develop module.…Let's stitch a bunch of them together…in a quick workflow here.…What I'm going to do is choose one of these images.…You can choose one of your own or one of these.…I'm going to make sure that it's reset…by going into the develop module by hitting D,…just so we're starting at the very beginning.…I'm going to talk through the workflow.…Now, even though I showed the tools…after the tonal adjustments, in this case,…I'm going to use one of the tools right up front.…
I'm going to use the crop tool…because I want to give myself a little less work.…I'm going to match up my lines…just as we did before on this image.…I like that and now I've got a little bit less…to work with.…I've got a lot of tonal adjustments.…The first think I'm going to do is hit auto.…I'm going to let Lightroom do the work…and it was subtle, but now I can see a lot more information…in the shade there and I like that a lot.…One thing I don't like quite as much…
AuthorBryan O'Neil Hughes
In this course, Adobe Director of Product Management Bryan O'Neil Hughes explores the Develop module in-depth, stepping through the module's core tools and sharing insights along the way. The course concludes with chapters on essential time-saving shortcuts and on taking photos from Lightroom to Photoshop for further enhancement.
- Order of operations
- White balance, tone, and color
- Lens correction and perspective control
- Applying presets on import
- Syncing files
- Lightroom across devices (iOS, Android, and the web)
- Moving to Photoshop
Skill Level Intermediate
Lightroom CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Chris Orwig5h 59m Beginner
Learning Lightroom 6 and Lightroom CCwith Jan Kabili5h 14m Beginner
Lightroom and Photoshop: Workflow Strategieswith Bryan O'Neil Hughes2h 23m Intermediate
1. Develop: Reviewing the Basics
2. The Develop Module in Depth
3. Develop Tools
4. Saving Time
5. Beyond the Desktop
6. Beyond Lightroom
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.