Join Bryan O'Neil Hughes for an in-depth discussion in this video Develop: The heart of Lightroom, part of Lightroom Classic CC: Mastering the Develop Module (2017).
- [Instructor] The Develop module is very much the heart of Lightroom. It's probably where you're going to spend the most amount of time. It's where you're going to transform your images. It's where the emotion and the feeling of the shot comes through. The editing is absolutely crucial and I want it to be as fun and as powerful as possible. Now one thing you should know about the develop module is it does share Feature Parody with Camera Raw in Photoshop. They're the same engine and actually goes back to Thomas Knoll, who is the original creator of Photoshop, inventing this engine on vacation because he was frustrated with the software that came with his cameras.
So know that what you're using is Thomas' continued innovation. It's not just about the engine that's found in Photoshop in Lightroom. These days, it's even found in mobile devices and the web. So I hope you really get to know the heart of Lightroom and get the very most out of it whatever screen you're on.
AuthorBryan O'Neil Hughes
In this course, Adobe Director of Product Management Bryan O'Neil Hughes explores the Develop module in-depth, stepping through the module's core tools and sharing insights along the way. The course concludes with chapters on essential time-saving shortcuts and on taking photos from Lightroom Classic CC to Photoshop for further enhancement.
- Order of operations
- White balance, tone, and color
- Lens correction and perspective control
- Applying presets on import
- Syncing files
- Lightroom across devices (iOS, Android, and the web)
- Moving to Photoshop
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Develop: Reviewing the Basics
2. The Develop Module in Depth
3. Develop Tools
4. Saving Time
5. Beyond the Desktop
6. Beyond Lightroom
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.