Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Cropping, part of Lightroom 2 New Features.
Welcome to the chapter on the Development module. Now if the Library module is the module where all the organizational work…takes place, the Development module. This is the module where all the fun happens. This is where we really begin to work on our…images. This is where we bring our work to life. One of things you're going to notice is that the Develop module has changed.…For the better. There a number of different tools that have been shuffled around, some tools that have enhanced features and…then some brand-new functionality.…Alright. Well let's start off a something that's pretty visual. One of things you're going to notice is that we have the histogram…up top right? And underneath that we now have these new icons to access different tools. The first tool we're going to…look at is the Crop Overlay tool. So we'll access that by pressing the R key or by clicking on this icon here. Now as I do that,…a subpanel opens up underneath this tool with all of the different options for this. Now if you remember from…
- Using the Text, Refine, and Metadata filters to organize and access images
- Managing an image library with the Catalog panel, folders, and collections
- Designing slideshow presentations
- Exploring the enhanced Split Toning tool
- Using the improved sharpening and detail features
- Printing high-quality images