Cropping with Photoshop and Lightroom
Cropping can save photos from a crooked horizon or unwanted subjects in the frame, but it can also be used to create new and interesting images. For this reason, it's closely connected to the photographic principle of composition. Join teacher and photographer Chris Orwig as he shows you how to refocus your eye and reorient your photos with cropping. Learn how to use the Photoshop, Lightroom, and Camera Raw suite of tools to straighten, remove distracting elements, fix distortion, and add creative effects.
- Choosing a custom aspect ratio
- Cropping and straightening quickly
- Constraining the crop
- Cropping and rotating
- Resetting or removing a crop
- Changing the orientation
- Using lens correction to straighten a photo
- Resizing with cropping
- Cropping with layer masks
- Creating diptychs and triptychs
- Welcome, my name is Chris Orwig. I'm a photographer, author, and teacher, and in this course, we're gonna focus in on how we can crop and improve our photographs. We'll be looking at how we can use our Photoshop suite of tools, how we can crop and recompose using Adobe Camera Raw, Lightroom, and Photoshop itself. You know, of course, in order to get good at cropping, we need to learn some tools and techniques. But we also have to keep in mind that whenever we crop an image, we're recomposing the frame. You know, cropping is closely connected to a core photographic principle, and that is composition.
So along the way, in addition to talking about the tools, we'll be talking about how we can clarify our vision, and how we can improve our photographs by cropping and recomposing. So if you are ready to take a look at how you can improve your photographs by cropping and recomposing, well, let's begin.
Enhancing a Travel Photo with Photoshop and Lightroom49,956 Views
Lightroom Power Shortcuts149,971 Views
Using Presets in Lightroom41,961 Views
Nik Creative Effects Workshop61,454 Views
Enhancing a Sunset Photograph with Lightroom and Photoshop56,075 Views
The Practicing Photographer1,780,276 Views
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2013)3,292,538 Views
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2015)2,393,600 Views
Lightroom CC Essential Training (2015)1,130,203 Views
Foundations of Photography: Exposure5,762,725 Views