- View Offline
- Choosing a custom aspect ratio
- Cropping and straightening quickly
- Constraining the crop
- Cropping and rotating
- Resetting or removing a crop
- Changing the orientation
- Using lens correction to straighten a photo
- Resizing with cropping
- Cropping with layer masks
- Creating diptychs and triptychs
Skill Level Intermediate
- Welcome, my name is Chris Orwig. I'm a photographer, author, and teacher, and in this course, we're gonna focus in on how we can crop and improve our photographs. We'll be looking at how we can use our Photoshop suite of tools, how we can crop and recompose using Adobe Camera Raw, Lightroom, and Photoshop itself. You know, of course, in order to get good at cropping, we need to learn some tools and techniques. But we also have to keep in mind that whenever we crop an image, we're recomposing the frame. You know, cropping is closely connected to a core photographic principle, and that is composition.
So along the way, in addition to talking about the tools, we'll be talking about how we can clarify our vision, and how we can improve our photographs by cropping and recomposing. So if you are ready to take a look at how you can improve your photographs by cropping and recomposing, well, let's begin.