Join Bryan O'Neil Hughes for an in-depth discussion in this video Crop and draw to straighten, part of Lightroom Classic CC 2015: Mastering the Develop Module (2017).
- [Instructor] Now we'll step into some of the tools…in Develop Module and I think the most important one of all,…is crop, it's a tool that we all know,…so I want to show you a couple of tips and tricks…with it and also give you some thinking…for how I use the crop tool.…So, it's right here and the first thing that we get…is this nice overlay with the crop tool.…One thing that you should know is that…you can cycle the O key to get different overlays.…So very precise information, a grid,…I like to keep it on the rule of thirds,…it's just a general guide, it's not…an exact rule and let me explain…how I would use the crop tool on this particular image.…
So, I'm looking at it and there's a lot of information,…it looks like things are more or less,…straight up and down as I can see here.…I use the crop tool to get rid of distracting content…and to use leading lines, so I've got…this great leading line over to the side,…it pulls my eye in and I've got another on the left side.…So what I'm going to do, is I'm going to come up to match…
AuthorBryan O'Neil Hughes
In this course, Adobe Director of Product Management Bryan O'Neil Hughes explores the Develop module in-depth, stepping through the module's core tools and sharing insights along the way. The course concludes with chapters on essential time-saving shortcuts and on taking photos from Lightroom Classic CC to Photoshop for further enhancement.
- Order of operations
- White balance, tone, and color
- Lens correction and perspective control
- Applying presets on import
- Syncing files
- Lightroom across devices (iOS, Android, and the web)
- Moving to Photoshop
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Develop: Reviewing the Basics
2. The Develop Module in Depth
3. Develop Tools
4. Saving Time
5. Beyond the Desktop
6. Beyond Lightroom
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.