Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating and using keyword sets, part of Lightroom 5 Essentials: 02 Managing Images with the Library Module.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Now that we've been introduced to the topic of working with keywording in…Lightroom, next I want to take a look at how we can speed up our workflow by taking…advantage of what are called Keyword Sets. Now, I talked briefly in the previous…movie, how we can start to work with Keyword Sets.…And I mentioned that we can choose an option here.…We can click on this pull-down menu, and we can select a Keyword Set, say for…portrait photography. And it will give us a group of keywords or…here as we saw in the previous movie, we could use Recent Keywords, which would…show us recent keywords which we added to our photographs.…
Yet, we can also edit and create our own Keyword Sets.…Like with this group of pictures, these are all captured for an ongoing project…which I'm doing, which is called salt. And what I want to do is create a Keyword…Set which reflects this particular project.…And the project is all about people who are connected to the sea and salt water…and so, here I want to go ahead and create my own custom Keyword Set.…
- Adding flags, stars, and labels to images
- Filtering your library by text, metadata, and file type
- Stacking photos into groups
- Creating a collection to group images
- Tagging images with locations
- Processing images in the Library module
- Viewing and editing videos
- Working with the DNG file format
- Adding copyright metadata to photos
- Adding keywords
- Opening images in Photoshop
- Exporting, emailing, and publishing photos
Skill Level Beginner
1. Rating, Ranking, and Labeling Your Photographs
2. Filtering and Finding Photographs
3. Organizing with Collections
4. Managing Images with the Map Module
Creating saved locations4m 41s
5. Processing Images in the Library Module
6. Viewing and Editing Videos
7. Exporting and Publishing Videos
8. Working with the DNG File Format
9. Working with Metadata
10. Opening Images in Photoshop
11. Exporting, Emailing, and Publishing Photographs
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.