Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating and using exporting presets, part of Lightroom 5 Essentials: 02 Managing Images with the Library Module.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Next let's take a look at how we can take advantage of export presets in order to…speed up our overall work flow. In order to work with export presets, what…you want to do is select an image and then click on the Export button or navigate to…File and choose Export. This will open up the Export dialog and…here you can use one of these predefined Lightroom presets, for example, to burn a…full size JPEG. Or you can also create some of your own…user presets. Yet if you're going to create one of your…own user presets, what you'll need to do is to customize a few fields here.…
So what we'll do is we'll go to our export location, and rather than using a specific…folder, I'll choose the folder later. This is, as it says, useful for presets…because this will allow us to determine the folder when we're creating the…exported file. We also want to make sure that when we're…working with file naming, that we don't use a custom text.…As you saw in the previous movie, you can run into issues with having images with…
- Adding flags, stars, and labels to images
- Filtering your library by text, metadata, and file type
- Stacking photos into groups
- Creating a collection to group images
- Tagging images with locations
- Processing images in the Library module
- Viewing and editing videos
- Working with the DNG file format
- Adding copyright metadata to photos
- Adding keywords
- Opening images in Photoshop
- Exporting, emailing, and publishing photos
Skill Level Beginner
1. Rating, Ranking, and Labeling Your Photographs
2. Filtering and Finding Photographs
3. Organizing with Collections
4. Managing Images with the Map Module
Creating saved locations4m 41s
5. Processing Images in the Library Module
6. Viewing and Editing Videos
7. Exporting and Publishing Videos
8. Working with the DNG File Format
9. Working with Metadata
10. Opening Images in Photoshop
11. Exporting, Emailing, and Publishing Photographs
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.