Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating targeted collections, part of Lightroom 5 Essentials: 02 Managing Images with the Library Module.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Now that we know a little bit about collections, here I want to talk about how…we can work with what are called targeted collections.…Go ahead and click into the folder, which is titled Portraits 3.…And what I want to do is create a collection, which we'll then group…together all of the photographs that I've captured at weddings.…To do that, let's go ahead and select this first picture here, then click on the plus…icon to create the collection, or you can also use a great shortcut key.…On a Mac, press Cmd+N, on Windows press Ctrl+N.…Think of N as in New, and think of this as the new way to group or organize your…images together. This is kind of like that new and improved folder.…
Well let's go ahead and name this new collection Wedding.…I want this one to be part of my collection set People Photographs.…So any People Photograph that I captured at a wedding, I can then organize into…this area. Then next let's include the selected photo…here that we have and set this one as the target collection.…After you've dialed in those settings, go ahead and click Create.…
- Adding flags, stars, and labels to images
- Filtering your library by text, metadata, and file type
- Stacking photos into groups
- Creating a collection to group images
- Tagging images with locations
- Processing images in the Library module
- Viewing and editing videos
- Working with the DNG file format
- Adding copyright metadata to photos
- Adding keywords
- Opening images in Photoshop
- Exporting, emailing, and publishing photos
Skill Level Beginner
1. Rating, Ranking, and Labeling Your Photographs
2. Filtering and Finding Photographs
3. Organizing with Collections
4. Managing Images with the Map Module
Creating saved locations4m 41s
5. Processing Images in the Library Module
6. Viewing and Editing Videos
7. Exporting and Publishing Videos
8. Working with the DNG File Format
9. Working with Metadata
10. Opening Images in Photoshop
11. Exporting, Emailing, and Publishing Photographs
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.