Join Bryan O'Neil Hughes for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating frames for black-and-white images , part of Black and White with Lightroom and Photoshop.
- One of the best ways to finish off an image,…especially a black and white image, is to add a frame to it.…And, the truth is, just coming from Silver Efex Pro,…I can't think of a better place to do that.…So, first let me show you that workflow.…So, if we pop back into Silver Efex Pro,…there's a great spot, in the lower, right hand corner here…for finishing adjustments and there's all sorts of…different things we can do down here.…We can play around with the Vignette, Burnt Edges,…but the one that's most interesting, is these image borders…and you can see that, there's a whole bunch of them.…
They're really nice because you can visualize them,…directly on the image here.…They've all got this nice analog film quality to them…with the burnt edges and the light leaks.…It's lots of texture and so, you really,…you have a lot of different options there…and, that's a really, really nice way to finish those off,…and because you have so much that you can do,…in terms of the Vignette and the edges,…you can really customize those and make them look great.…
AuthorBryan O'Neil Hughes
- Why black and white?
- Shooting with black and white in mind
- Preparing color images
- Black-and-white mixing and adding toning
- Utilizing presets effectively
- Creating black-and-white HDR images with Lightroom and Photoshop
- Taking advantage of black-and-white adjustment layers
- Adjusting the toning of images
- Working with the Silver Efex plugin
- Converting to black and white on the go
Skill Level Intermediate
Foundations of Photography: Black and Whitewith Ben Long3h 4m Intermediate
Photoshop Insider Training: Enhancing Photoswith Bryan O'Neil Hughes1h 37m Intermediate
1. Black-and-White Considerations
Thinking in black and white1m 23s
2. Black-and-White First Steps in Lightroom
3. Black and White in Photoshop
5. An End-to-End Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.