Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a Photoshop Smart Object from Lightroom, part of Using Lightroom and Photoshop Together.
- View Offline
You may have seen that there is in the Photo > Edit In menu in Lightroom, a…command to Open as Smart Object in Photoshop.…Let's take a look at what that does and give you an idea for how you might use it.…Here is a photo I took on the subway in Paris and it was very bumpy, so it's…pretty blurry, but I really like the red shoes and the red collar, so I'd…like to emphasize those.…So I am going to start out with this raw image by converting it to black and white in Lightroom.…Over in the Basic panel I'll click black and white and then I'll adjust some of…the sliders to get it looking the way that I want it to be.…
As usual, there is nothing special about the adjustments that I am making,…just what feels right at the moment. And I'll come down to the HSL/Color/Black…& White panel, and here I can change the way that particular colors translate to black and white.…I'll click on the targeted adjustment tool in this panel, and I'll come into the…collar and I'll click and drag up on the collar to lighten it.…
In this course, photographer and author Jan Kabili shows how to combine both programs. The course begins with details on how to set up the two programs for maximum compatibility. The course then covers strategies for working with photos in a variety of formats, sending them from Lightroom to Photoshop to viewing the edited results in Lightroom. The final chapter demonstrates several real-world scenarios for using Lightroom and Photoshop together.
- Setting the Lightroom preferences for editing in Photoshop
- Passing photos from Lightroom to Photoshop
- Handling software version mismatches
- Viewing and organizing Photoshop-edited photos in Lightroom
- Creating Lightroom presets for external editing
- Using Lightroom with Photoshop Elements
- Building a panorama with Lightroom and Photoshop
- Passing multiple photos to Photoshop for compositing
- Sending photos to Photoshop for retouching and removing content
- Bringing photos into Photoshop to add text and graphics