It’s probably best to put your favorites into a collection, ready for image editing. In this video, Derrick Story shows you how for Lightroom.
- [Narrator] We have our three-star shots…and what I'd like to do is put them inside a colletion…because it's just easier.…I could, if I wanted to, leave the filter rating…on all the time,…but I would rather just put them in a collection,…turn off the filters,…and then just play with the shots.…And that's what we're gonna do right now.…So I'm just going to make sure that…one of these images is selected,…and I'll do Cmd + A on the Mac, select them all,…and then I'm gonna come over to collections,…and we'll create a collection.…
And we'll just call these Ashley favorites.…Make sure that we have the box checked…for include selected photos, and create.…And there we go, we have Ashley favorites right there.…We can turn off our filters now,…we don't need those anymore.…And just click here, and there we go,…we have all of our shots in here.…Now, this isn't a smart collection,…so if I change my mind on any of these, it's not a problem,…I can just delete it or drag it out,…and we won't lose the photo,…it just won't be in the collection.…
- Guidelines for senior portraits
- Setting up a portable studio
- Posing subjects
- Shooting outside
- Working with family members
- Using mirrorless cameras and smartphones
- Editing senior portraits
- Exporting and delivering images
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Natural Light Portrait Photographywith Chris Orwig2h 30m Intermediate
Up-Close Portrait Photography: Start to Finishwith Chris Orwig2h 5m Intermediate
1. The Basic Guidelines and Business of Portraiture
2. Studio Space and Posing Options
3. Working with Family Members and Shooting Outside
4. Using Mirrorless and Smartphones for Portraits
5. Sort and Organize the Photo Shoot
6. Edit and Enhance Your Selects
7. Deliver the Images
Next steps1m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.