Join Bryan O'Neil Hughes for an in-depth discussion in this video Converting color video to black and white , part of Lightroom and Photoshop: Black-and-White Photography.
- Next I wanna talk about black-and-white for video.…And you might not even know that Photoshop can open video,…let alone convert it to black-and-white,…but the process is actually really intuitive.…Now if you have the exercise files,…you have this little Wind video…that I've placed here for you.…If you don't, any video will work off…of any DSLR or even mobile phone.…Just bring in any old video file,…and Photoshop will be able to read it.…So when I open that, I see that…I've got a timeline in Photoshop.…
It automatically recognizes that…as video, and if I press play,…then I'm gonna see that I've got motion here.…And there's all sorts of things…that I could do, but I wanna show you…how to grade this into a black-and-white video.…It's actually really easy.…The one trick is you just need to make sure…that you convert it to a smart filter.…And what that's doing is it's putting a wrapper around it,…so that anything we do to one piece…of the video will be applied to all of it.…So, with that as a smart filter,…I can come in here to Camera Raw as a filter,…
AuthorBryan O'Neil Hughes
- Why black and white?
- Shooting with black and white in mind
- Preparing color images
- Black-and-white mixing and adding toning
- Utilizing presets effectively
- Creating black-and-white HDR images with Lightroom and Photoshop
- Taking advantage of black-and-white adjustment layers
- Adjusting the toning of images
- Working with the Silver Efex plugin
- Converting to black and white on the go
Skill Level Intermediate
Photography Foundations: Black and Whitewith Ben Long3h 4m Intermediate
Photoshop Insider Training: Enhancing Photoswith Bryan O'Neil Hughes1h 37m Intermediate
1. Black-and-White Considerations
Thinking in black and white1m 23s
2. Black-and-White First Steps in Lightroom
3. Black and White in Photoshop
5. An End-to-End Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.