Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Controlling color intensity in the Basic panel, part of Learning Lightroom 4.
Continuing the photo processing work flow in the Basic panel of the Develop module, …let's take a look at enhancing color with the Vibrance and Saturation sliders …that are down at the bottom of the Basic panel in this section …called the Presence Section.…Many photos can benefit from an increasing color intensity. …Sometimes, but certainly less often, you might have a photo that looks better …with color intensity turn down a notch.…Both the Vibrance and the Saturation sliders affect the intensity, or you might say, …the vividness of color in the photo but they do it in different ways.…
With vibrance, offering a more subtle and usually more pleasing effect…than saturation does.…I suggest you give both these sliders a try and then choose the one that does…the best job on a particular photo.…There's almost never a reason to apply them both.…In this photo, I've already adjusted the white balance and the tonal controls.…The photo was taken in pretty bright sunlight so I've turned down …
- What is Lightroom used for?
- Importing photos and videos
- Organizing your library with collections
- Adding keywords and ratings to photos
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Adjusting color and white balance
- Reducing digital noise
- Working with video
- Making changes with the Adjustment Brush and Graduated Filter tools
- Sharing photos on Facebook
- Printing photos
Skill Level Beginner
1. Importing Photos and Video
2. Managing Photos and Video in the Library Module
3. Editing Photos in the Develop Module
4. Correcting Part of a Photo
Removing spots4m 44s
5. Sharing and Printing Photos
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.