Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Content-aware scale, retouching, and pixel-level edits, part of Introduction to Photography: Lightroom and Photoshop.
- Though I'm decent at retouching and editing…I don't do a lot of it in my images,…I'm not a fashion shooter, so I don't…need to alter people's faces or bodies.…Most of the time if I can't frame an image…the way that I want it because there's…something else extra in the frame…then I just don't shoot it, but there…are times when I need to perform…these types of edits, so I'm gonna…do some right now, just to give you…a sense of how ridiculous the power of…Photoshop actually is.…I've got this image here, which I like.…It's simple, and it's a little,…I don't know, I don't think it's weird,…but it's a very simple composition,…I like this building down here,…I like the trees, this bird up here is nice,…there's a nice relationship between them,…the sky is somewhat attractive,…the problem is I need it square.…
I'm going to put it in a square layout…and I can't have this rectangular image.…So, that would lend one to believe…that cropping is in order.…The problem is, if I crop to a square,…I lose the bird, I lose a good part of…
Where to begin learning tools like these? Right here. In this course, photographer, author, and educator Ben Long introduces the concepts and creative options behind photographic post-processing. From fixing problems to retouching, Ben shows how to do it, without overdoing it, with Lightroom, Photoshop, and the Adobe mobile apps.
- Importing and organizing images in Lightroom
- Rating images in Lightroom
- Adjusting images in Lightroom
- Retouching in Photoshop
- Making pixel-level edits in Photoshop
- Syncing and editing images in Lightroom mobile