Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Color masking on a landscape, part of Lightroom Classic CC 2015 New Features.
- [Instructor] The first image that we will work on is…this landscape photograph and here I want to look…at how we can use the graduated filter…to make an adjustment to two different areas…of the photograph.…And we'll take advantage of using this tool…with the color mask.…So we'll click on this and what I want to do is…change the characteristics of the sky.…So I'll go down and choose Dehaze…because I know I want to add some dehaze,…also maybe a little contrast and let's bring…up the clarity, desaturate.…I'm going to go for a little bit more of a, I don't know,…kind of dystopian dark and moody sky.…
So I click and drag over the image…and then I fine tune my controls…and what I'm looking to do here is just find…a nice mix of color and brightness…and different things.…Alright, so there, if we zoom in,…you can see that we have a new color in the sky,…a different effect, but that effect is spilling over.…You can see into the hills right here.…I don't want that.…So here's how you fix it.…What you can do is go to the Mask area, choose Color.…
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 02/05/2016. What changed?
A: We added one new movie, "Boundary Warp for better pano photos."
Q: This course was updated on 10/18/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover new localized masking, color masking on a landscape, luminance masking on a landscape, and localized masking.
1. Library Module: Face Recognition
2. Library Module: Photo Merge
3. Library Module: Workflow
4. Develop Module: Image Enhancements
5. Slideshow and Web Modules
6. Develop Module: Selective Adjustments
Color masking on a landscape3m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.