- Defining your real workflow
- Taking inventory
- Backing up all your catalogs
- Locating missing photos and folders
- Consolidating catalogs
- Renaming photos and folders
- Correcting metadata, including keywords and timestamps
- Migrating to a new hard drive
- Being consistent going forward
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi there, I'm Tim Grey, and I'm here to help you clean up your mess in Lightroom. I've worked with a lot of photographers, and I've seen a lot of consistent mistakes when it comes to organizing photos in Lightroom. That includes using more catalogs than you really need, having a folder structure that doesn't make a lot of sense, having folders that are missing, photos that are missing, all sorts of mistakes. I think I've seen just about every possible mistake when it comes to getting disorganized in Lightroom, and I'm here to help you get organized to clean up your mess, to consolidate catalogs, to locate missing photos and folders, to redefine your folder structure, basically everything you need to get your Lightroom catalog cleaned up so that you'll be organized and then you can have a consistent workflow moving forward so that you'll always be able to find the photo you need when you need it.
So join me as we clean up our mess in Lightroom and get organized moving forward.