Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Choosing Edit a Copy With Lightroom Adjustments, part of Using Lightroom and Photoshop Together.
- View Offline
Let's take a closer look at the Edit a Copy with Lightroom adjustments…option for editing pixel-based images like PSDs, TIFFs, and JPEGs in…Lightroom and Photoshop together.…Here I have a PSD file open in my Develop module in Lightroom.…You can assume that I have already made basic adjustments to this image.…Now I am going to convert this image to black and white.…I'll use the controls in the Lightroom Black & White panel, clicking here to…make the conversion, and then I can fine-tune the conversion by dragging these sliders.…
So let's say that that's all that I want to do the photo in Lightroom, at least for now.…I'd like to add some text on top of this image and that's better done in…Photoshop than Lightroom.…So I'll pass the image over to Photoshop using the same Lightroom Edit In…command that we used in the last chapter with raw files.…I'll press the shortcut for that command, which is Cmd+E on the Mac or Ctrl+E on the PC.…This time, instead of the image opening into Photoshop as a raw file would do, I…
In this course, photographer and author Jan Kabili shows how to combine both programs. The course begins with details on how to set up the two programs for maximum compatibility. The course then covers strategies for working with photos in a variety of formats, sending them from Lightroom to Photoshop to viewing the edited results in Lightroom. The final chapter demonstrates several real-world scenarios for using Lightroom and Photoshop together.
- Setting the Lightroom preferences for editing in Photoshop
- Passing photos from Lightroom to Photoshop
- Handling software version mismatches
- Viewing and organizing Photoshop-edited photos in Lightroom
- Creating Lightroom presets for external editing
- Using Lightroom with Photoshop Elements
- Building a panorama with Lightroom and Photoshop
- Passing multiple photos to Photoshop for compositing
- Sending photos to Photoshop for retouching and removing content
- Bringing photos into Photoshop to add text and graphics