Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenge: Split toning, part of Lightroom: Creative Color.
- [Chris] Welcome to the challenge for this chapter.…In this challenge, you get a chance to work with two images,…and the first image is the one on the left.…With this one, what I want you to do…is to walk through your basic work flow…and modify the image, and then really draw out…or bring out those beautiful sunset colors…using the split toning controls.…With the second image, this one over here on the right,…go ahead and convert it to black and white,…and then add a split toning effect to the photograph…after it's been converted to black and white.…For this challenge, give yourself approximately…three to five minutes, and then after you finish it,…hop back to the next movie,…and there I'll show you how I would approach these images.…
Alright, good luck on the challenge,…and have fun with these photographs,…and I'll see you in the next movie.…
- Using the core color tools
- Changing a background color
- Painting in a new hair color
- Working on a landscape
- Fine-tuning color with split toning
- Working with the HSL controls
- Creating your own color presets
- Finding and managing third-party color presets
- Crafting unique color looks
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Basic Panel Color Controls
2. Selective Color Adjustments
3. Split Toning
Solution: Split toning4m 15s
4. The Power of HSL
6. Crafting Unique Color Looks
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.