Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenge: Creating vivid colors, part of Lightroom: Creative Color.
- [Instructor] Welcome to the challenge for this chapter.…You know sometimes the challenges in my courses…will be difficult and other times they'll be…a little bit more about play, practice and fun.…Well that's exactly what this challenge is about.…It's about taking what we've learned,…and having some fun applying it to an image.…Here's how the challenge works.…For this challenge I've provided three different images.…This one, or the next, or the following.…And what I want you to do is to select just one image,…you don't need to work on all three,…and see if you can't apply some of the techniques…that we've covered in this chapter to one of these images…in order to make it have more…beautiful, vivid and vibrant colors.…
For this challenge I'd give yourself…about three or four minutes,…and then if you're interested come back to the next movie,…which is a solution movie,…and there I'll show you my approach to creating…more beautiful colors in these photographs.…Alright, well good luck in this challenge.…Have some fun with this one,…
- Using the core color tools
- Changing a background color
- Painting in a new hair color
- Working on a landscape
- Fine-tuning color with split toning
- Working with the HSL controls
- Creating your own color presets
- Finding and managing third-party color presets
- Crafting unique color looks
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Basic Panel Color Controls
2. Selective Color Adjustments
3. Split Toning
Solution: Split toning4m 15s
4. The Power of HSL
6. Crafting Unique Color Looks
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.