Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video The Catalog panel, part of Lightroom 2 New Features.
In the next couple of movies what I want to do is begin to dig into…the panels on the left-hand side, inside of the Library module. In this movie we're going to look at this Catalog panel. This is…actually pretty simple, yet kind of interesting. Over here in the Catalog panel I can sort my images, I can view all of…the photographs I have in my entire catalog database, or I can look at Quick Collections. Now if you haven't created a Quick…Collection before, let me show you a couple of different ways to do that. One is inside of the Grid View mode you can click on this…little circle to add the image to a Quick Collection. You can also select another image, any one of your different ways of…selecting images: click on it, use your arrow keys,…click on it in the filmstrip- and then press a shortcut key, the B key. Now you can also add your images to Quick…Collections in different view modes. I'm just showing it here inside of the Grid View mode because it's kind of simple. Now,…once we've added images to the Quick Collection, what we do is simply click on this word, Quick Collection.…
- Using the Text, Refine, and Metadata filters to organize and access images
- Managing an image library with the Catalog panel, folders, and collections
- Designing slideshow presentations
- Exploring the enhanced Split Toning tool
- Using the improved sharpening and detail features
- Printing high-quality images