Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Catalog collections, part of Lightroom 2 New Features.
In a previous movie, I mentioned that you'll do a lot of your organizational work inside of the Library module. Now while…that's true, it's not completely true, and it's not completely true with Collections. You'll actually be working on Collections throughout…the entirety of your Lightroom workflow, yet it makes sense to talk about Collections here specially because they're…part of the Library. Alright, well you can notice on the left-hand side that I have my Collections panel open. And then I have this folder…titled Smart Collections and a subfolder called Five Stars. What's that about? What you can do inside of Lightroom,…inside of the Library module in Lightroom, is you can create Smart Collections that are based on criteria that you use…quite often, and then you can tap into your system, your criteria, in order to access specific files. Well let's take…a look how this works. I'll click on the plus sign here and create a new Smart Collection. Alright, I want this Smart Collection…to be called 1 Star, I'll actually go ahead and type this out, One Star, that way. I want it to be part of the set…
- Using the Text, Refine, and Metadata filters to organize and access images
- Managing an image library with the Catalog panel, folders, and collections
- Designing slideshow presentations
- Exploring the enhanced Split Toning tool
- Using the improved sharpening and detail features
- Printing high-quality images