Join Bryan O'Neil Hughes for an in-depth discussion in this video Camera Raw and Smart Filters, part of Lightroom and Photoshop: Black-and-White Photography.
- Okay, so before we transition over to Photoshop,…I want to talk just a little bit more…about Lightroom as it pertains to Photoshop.…So for my workflow, this is the container…for all of my images, this is where they all live.…And if I want to pass a file over to Photoshop,…I can just hit command E, and it will launch Photoshop,…send the file over, and when I save it,…it'll be saved back to my Lightroom library.…Now having said that, I know a lot of people…use Photoshop independently.…So I'm going to run the Photoshop section…of this from Photoshop itself.…So within Photoshop, I'm just going to…come up here and go File, Open.…
You could also use bridge.…You can see that I've navigated…to the desktop the exercise files.…And I've got the Photoshop files set here.…Now again, if you don't have the exercise files,…feel free to use your own.…And we're going to start off here…by talking about Camera Raw.…Its very very similar to the Develop Module in Lightroom,…but I want to just explain some of the differences.…And I figure to do that,…
AuthorBryan O'Neil Hughes
- Why black and white?
- Shooting with black and white in mind
- Preparing color images
- Black-and-white mixing and adding toning
- Utilizing presets effectively
- Creating black-and-white HDR images with Lightroom and Photoshop
- Taking advantage of black-and-white adjustment layers
- Adjusting the toning of images
- Working with the Silver Efex plugin
- Converting to black and white on the go
Skill Level Intermediate
Photography Foundations: Black and Whitewith Ben Long3h 4m Intermediate
Photoshop Insider Training: Enhancing Photoswith Bryan O'Neil Hughes1h 37m Intermediate
1. Black-and-White Considerations
Thinking in black and white1m 23s
2. Black-and-White First Steps in Lightroom
3. Black and White in Photoshop
5. An End-to-End Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.