Join Bryan O'Neil Hughes for an in-depth discussion in this video Brush-based tonal tools (Dodge, Burn, and Sponge), part of Lightroom and Photoshop CC Photography Workflow Strategies.
- Another common workflow with Photoshop…is selective tonal adjustments.…I showed you before that we've got a brush…that allows us to interact directly with this image…but there are some limitations.…It's not as precise as Photoshop…and I don't have as many choices.…What I want to do is send this image over to Photoshop.…Now, if I send it over as a Smart Object,…the benefit is that we can tweak…the image while we're over there.…We could choose to come in here and say,…you know what, it looks good…but maybe I'd warm it up a little…because the paint on the car looks a little cool…and maybe I'd add a little bit of clarity…just to give it a little bit more drama and that's great…but if I want to make a brush based operation,…you'll notice that you're brushes aren't going to work.…
It's one of the limitations of a Smart Object…and at this point I will need to flatten the file.…I'm going to come in here,…I'm going to Flatten the Image,…but before I choose any of my brush based operations,…I'm going to duplicate the layer and that's…
AuthorBryan O'Neil Hughes
In this course, Bryan O'Neil Hughes describes a modern photographic workflow that pairs Photoshop with Lightroom. Learn the differences between a Bridge and ACR workflow and a Lightroom workflow, and see how to take advantage of Lightroom's features to work more efficiently.
And because the world is going mobile, Bryan also shares insights into where Lightroom for mobile fits into today's photographic workflow.
- Capturing images
- Importing images in Lightroom
- Working with HDR images and panoramas
- Developing photos in Lightroom vs. Camera Raw
- Getting the most from Photoshop's tools
- Going beyond the desktop with Adobe mobile apps, CC Libraries, and Behance
- Putting it all together in a streamlined workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
Black and White with Lightroom and Photoshopwith Bryan O'Neil Hughes1h 39m Intermediate
Enhancing a Travel Photo with Photoshop and Lightroomwith Jan Kabili54m 49s Intermediate
1. Capture: It's All About the Input
Capture has changed1m 15s
2. Lightroom Import and Library
3. Lightroom Develop
4. Photoshop's Role
5. Beyond the Desktop
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.