Erika Thornes recommends making two books. It is just as easy when creating one book to make multiples. Often you can get discounts on multiple copies of the same book. Look for coupons on printing photo books. Send a copy of a photo memory book as a gift. Save copies for children at other people's houses. In case of fire, flood, theft, one copy is preserved.
- View Offline
- Prints are wonderful.…They can be stored, they're accessible,…but you know what?…We don't often see them.…We tuck them away sometimes in a box or a drawer,…and they aren't looked at as often as we'd like.…So, I like photo books,…but there's been an evolution in photo books…in recent years,…and it's a great one.…Back in the day,…we would have albums,…and the albums we would have to insert the prints in,…so after we came home from the store,…we'd have to sort them,…we'd stick them all in,…and they were bulky,…and took up a lot of room in our bookshelf.…Then came the scrapbooking era.…
I remember talking to tons of people,…and they would always tell me,…oh, I did my scrapbook for the first year or two…after my child was born,…but I haven't finished up,…or touched it since.…We have photo-books now.…Photo-books are a lot simpler.…They are just directly from digital.…Why should we print photo-books?…It's faster than scrapbooking,…so it actually gets done.…It's inexpensive, there's tons of coupons out there.…I've seen books for as little as five dollars.…
Backup is important, but it's not enough. Using keywords and other organizational features is also important—but also not enough. A complete, long-term photo archiving strategy involves multiple techniques: identifying those shots you want to preserve for generations, and then taking the steps necessary to make that happen. In this course, photographer and family historian Erika Thornes outlines a roadmap for storing, sharing, and archiving your family's story through pictures. From culling and keywording, to backing up and producing archival prints and photo books, Erika details the steps that will make your collection of digital images accessible now and in the future.
- Getting organizing
- Culling the best images
- Saving two local copies of each photo
- Storing photos on the cloud
- Posting photos to social media
- Printing photos
- Accessing archived images easily