Join Bryan O'Neil Hughes for an in-depth discussion in this video Before-and-after views and history, part of Lightroom Classic CC 2015: Mastering the Develop Module (2017).
- Throughout this course I've shown a lot of…before and after,…so that we can look at where we started…and where we were,…and how we can sometimes track back to different states.…The other thing I showed was how to create a virtual copy,…so that we can have a black and white image…next to a color image.…Now I want to show you sort of a sneaky trick…of how to play around with before and after views,…and how to change the before state.…Now this is one of those things I didn't figure out…for a long time, but it's really, really handy.…So let's use this example of this color image,…I like it the way it is, I like how we've edited it,…we're going to come into the develop module,…and let's say that I've got it color, it looks good,…I'll even give it a little more vibrance,…just to really enrich the colors,…and we're going to come over here…and look at our different presets,…and let's say that maybe we use one of our own user presets,…and I get that and I like it,…but I'm sort of back and forth between,…"Do I like that, or do I like the color more?"…
AuthorBryan O'Neil Hughes
In this course, Adobe Director of Product Management Bryan O'Neil Hughes explores the Develop module in-depth, stepping through the module's core tools and sharing insights along the way. The course concludes with chapters on essential time-saving shortcuts and on taking photos from Lightroom Classic CC to Photoshop for further enhancement.
- Order of operations
- White balance, tone, and color
- Lens correction and perspective control
- Applying presets on import
- Syncing files
- Lightroom across devices (iOS, Android, and the web)
- Moving to Photoshop
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Develop: Reviewing the Basics
2. The Develop Module in Depth
3. Develop Tools
4. Saving Time
5. Beyond the Desktop
6. Beyond Lightroom
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.