There are a handful of image adjustments that can improve your portraits quickly. In this video, Derrick Story demonstrates those tools for Photos for macOS.
- [Instructor] Photos for macOS is excellent…for managing or editing our senior portraits.…Let's take a look at the editing part of it.…We have our three stars selected,…so we'll take this shot right here.…I'm just gonna hit the return key…and that will bring us into editing mode…and we'll work from top to bottom.…So we start with light…and my favorite slider and light is brilliance…which does a number of things at once.…It's a very smart algorithm…and it protects the skin tones which is excellent for…we portrait photographers right?…But you also have exposure highlights, shadows,…brightness, contrasts and black point.…
So you got all the good stuff there…and they all work quite well.…In color we have saturation which…we don't need to mess right now.…You do have color contrast which I like,…we're not gonna see a lot of effect in this shop…because all the colors are sort of…in the same area but if you have like blues…and reds and greens,…color contrast would differentiate those…and sometimes it's a very artistic way…
- Guidelines for senior portraits
- Setting up a portable studio
- Posing subjects
- Shooting outside
- Working with family members
- Using mirrorless cameras and smartphones
- Editing senior portraits
- Exporting and delivering images
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Natural Light Portrait Photographywith Chris Orwig2h 30m Intermediate
Up-Close Portrait Photography: Start to Finishwith Chris Orwig2h 5m Intermediate
1. The Basic Guidelines and Business of Portraiture
2. Studio Space and Posing Options
3. Working with Family Members and Shooting Outside
4. Using Mirrorless and Smartphones for Portraits
5. Sort and Organize the Photo Shoot
6. Edit and Enhance Your Selects
7. Deliver the Images
Next steps1m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.