There are a handful of image adjustments that can improve your portraits quickly. In this video, Derrick Story demonstrates those tools for Lightroom.
- [Instructor] We're looking at our favorites here…in the library module and know are our favorites…because they have three stars…and that is from our two pass rating system…that we did earlier.…And I recall that, when we were going through those images,…I identified this one here as going…I like the shot but I think it needs a little work,…so let's work on it.…I'm gonna double click on it,…and that brings it forward here,…and what I was identifying was these highlights and shadows.…The highlights are a little bright here,…and the shadows are a little deep.…
I'd love to soften that a bit for this portrait.…And I think I can do that with global tools.…In other words, tools that affect the whole image…without me having to use a brush quite yet.…So, I'm gonna go over to the Develop module, right here,…and we're gonna start at the top,…and, at the very top, of course we have white balance.…Well, we don't need to do anything there.…I'm happy with the color.…However, Tone, I'm very interested in Tone.…And, basically, all I wanna do is open up the shadows a bit.…
- Guidelines for senior portraits
- Setting up a portable studio
- Posing subjects
- Shooting outside
- Working with family members
- Using mirrorless cameras and smartphones
- Editing senior portraits
- Exporting and delivering images
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Natural Light Portrait Photographywith Chris Orwig2h 30m Intermediate
Up-Close Portrait Photography: Start to Finishwith Chris Orwig2h 5m Intermediate
1. The Basic Guidelines and Business of Portraiture
2. Studio Space and Posing Options
3. Working with Family Members and Shooting Outside
4. Using Mirrorless and Smartphones for Portraits
5. Sort and Organize the Photo Shoot
6. Edit and Enhance Your Selects
7. Deliver the Images
Next steps1m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.