There are a handful of image adjustments that can improve your portraits quickly. In this video, Derrick Story demonstrates those tools for Capture One Pro.
- [Narrator] We'll do a little in Capture One Pro 11 here.…This is a terrific application for managing…your images and also editing them.…So I have some selects here, I have a dozen of them.…And before I get to work, I'm looking at them, I go,…"I really missed on the white balance here."…So let's fix that first because you always want to fix first…what's worse and in this case, it's white balance.…So I'm here in the color tab, I'm just gonna go…to the dropper and I'll just click on a neutral area…right there and we get a good start there,…now that's a little too cool so let's…just bring a little warmth back into it.…
Just like that, something like that,…that looks pretty nice, right there.…So we'll just do something like that.…Good, so now we've made a big improvement…and I want to apply that to the rest of the shots.…So I'll come up to Adjustments and I'll copy…those adjustments right there and then I'm going to go back…to thumbnail view and this case, I'll do Option, Command, V.…Let's select them all, hold down the Command key,…
- Guidelines for senior portraits
- Setting up a portable studio
- Posing subjects
- Shooting outside
- Working with family members
- Using mirrorless cameras and smartphones
- Editing senior portraits
- Exporting and delivering images
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Natural Light Portrait Photographywith Chris Orwig2h 30m Intermediate
Up-Close Portrait Photography: Start to Finishwith Chris Orwig2h 5m Intermediate
1. The Basic Guidelines and Business of Portraiture
2. Studio Space and Posing Options
3. Working with Family Members and Shooting Outside
4. Using Mirrorless and Smartphones for Portraits
5. Sort and Organize the Photo Shoot
6. Edit and Enhance Your Selects
7. Deliver the Images
Next steps1m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.