Backing up mobile cell phone photos to the cloud is easy. Services like Google Photos will backup all photos to the cloud on your iPhone or Android phone. Samsung and mobile phones have access to the Google Photos app through the play store, or the applications store.
- [Voiceover] Back up mobile photos to the cloud.…Why should we backup our phone?…Well we have it with us so we're often catching…those important moments that were unexpected.…Plus they're phones, they break or get lost…or end up in the bottom of the fountain.…Ooh I don't know how that happened.…But anyway, we really do want to protect those photos.…Plus there's limited storage on phone,…but I have a solution.…I recommend Google Photos here's a few reasons why.…Number one they have unlimited storage…versus the five gigs free on the iCloud.…
And yes, I know, they do, do mild compression,…but it's okay, they'll store photos up to 15 megapixels…and the compression algorithms are excellent.…Lots of people who've reviewed them…really are astounded by the quality.…I'm comfortable with that.…Plus it's easy to use with auto uploading…and they'll store all of the photos on there,…they'll upload them all over Wi-Fi if you select that.…So you aren't using any of your data…and for me one of the great parts is it's free.…
It's pretty easy to get setup.…
Backup is important, but it's not enough. Using keywords and other organizational features is also important—but also not enough. A complete, long-term photo archiving strategy involves multiple techniques: identifying those shots you want to preserve for generations, and then taking the steps necessary to make that happen. In this course, photographer and family historian Erika Thornes outlines a roadmap for storing, sharing, and archiving your family's story through pictures. From culling and keywording, to backing up and producing archival prints and photo books, Erika details the steps that will make your collection of digital images accessible now and in the future.
- Getting organizing
- Culling the best images
- Saving two local copies of each photo
- Storing photos on the cloud
- Posting photos to social media
- Printing photos
- Accessing archived images easily