Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Auto leveling in Crop dialog, part of Lightroom Classic CC 2015 New Features.
- In this movie, I want to show you…two different ways that we can automatically…level our photographs from right inside of the Crop dialog.…We'll begin with this picture here…that I captured of this umbrella…floating on the Pacific Ocean.…You can see that my horizon line isn't level…and I want to correct that.…To do that, let's go ahead and access the Crop Tool…by tapping the R key or by clicking on the Crop Tool icon.…Now the Crop dialog looks pretty similar…to the previous version of Photoshop…except for one noticeable difference.…
You'll notice that there's now a Auto button.…If we click on Auto, what it will do…is automatically analyze the image…and then crop the photograph as needed…and level out our horizontal or our vertical lines.…In this case you can see that it did a great job.…In order to apply this leveling and crop to the photograph,…we can just double-click inside of the cropped area,…we'll just click the Done button.…Alright, well let me show you one more way…we can do something similar,…this time we'll work with a landscape photograph,…
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 02/05/2016. What changed?
A: We added one new movie, "Boundary Warp for better pano photos."
Q: This course was updated on 10/18/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover new localized masking, color masking on a landscape, luminance masking on a landscape, and localized masking.
1. Library Module: Face Recognition
2. Library Module: Photo Merge
3. Library Module: Workflow
4. Develop Module: Image Enhancements
5. Slideshow and Web Modules
6. Develop Module: Selective Adjustments
Color masking on a landscape3m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.