Join Bryan O'Neil Hughes for an in-depth discussion in this video Applying presets on import, part of Lightroom Classic CC: Mastering the Develop Module (2017).
- [Instructor] Alright, we've looked…at ways to save time by syncing settings…and by creating presets.…There is another way to take those presets…and save yourself a ton of time.…So you remember we synced a setting…from one file to another and then we leveraged…a preset from one file to another.…Well, if you have images that you're routinely applying…the same effects to, take the time…to save a preset so that the next time…you import files, you can just apply…that preset on the way in.…
So think about this for just a second.…If you're a studio photographer,…or if you're shooting in similar lighting conditions,…work on one image, save a preset,…and I want to show you how to apply…it on the way in.…So I'm just going to navigate to any old folder here,…I've already pulled these in.…But over here on the right, you'll see…that I've got this little area for Apply During Import.…And if I come in here, not only do I have…my presets, but I've got my user preset,…and that's where I can apply that.…So you could have a studio preset,…
AuthorBryan O'Neil Hughes
In this course, Adobe Director of Product Management Bryan O'Neil Hughes explores the Develop module in-depth, stepping through the module's core tools and sharing insights along the way. The course concludes with chapters on essential time-saving shortcuts and on taking photos from Lightroom Classic CC to Photoshop for further enhancement.
- Order of operations
- White balance, tone, and color
- Lens correction and perspective control
- Applying presets on import
- Syncing files
- Lightroom across devices (iOS, Android, and the web)
- Moving to Photoshop
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Develop: Reviewing the Basics
2. The Develop Module in Depth
3. Develop Tools
4. Saving Time
5. Beyond the Desktop
6. Beyond Lightroom
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.