Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Applying photographic filters, part of Using Lightroom and Photoshop Together.
- View Offline
Photoshop has many filters.…Some are decorative and not often used in a photographic workflow.…But there are also a number of powerful filters in Photoshop for applying…photographic enhancements, like the Liquefy filter for portrait retouching, and…the Blur filters, including the Iris, Field, and Tilt-Shift blur, among others.…And there is a powerful Adaptive Wide Angle filter for correcting distortions…like the distortions that you see in this image.…Now this image didn't come out of my camera like this, this is actually a…product of something that Photoshop put together from five different images,…each of which had a very shallow depth of field.…
And I showed you how to create this image in the last movie, in which I brought…it from Lightroom into Photoshop, applied Photoshop's powerful blending…features, and then took it to Lightroom as it is now.…So now what I'd like to do is go back to Photoshop with this image to try to…straighten these bottles with the Adaptive Wide Angle filter, and also to get…
In this course, photographer and author Jan Kabili shows how to combine both programs. The course begins with details on how to set up the two programs for maximum compatibility. The course then covers strategies for working with photos in a variety of formats, sending them from Lightroom to Photoshop to viewing the edited results in Lightroom. The final chapter demonstrates several real-world scenarios for using Lightroom and Photoshop together.
- Setting the Lightroom preferences for editing in Photoshop
- Passing photos from Lightroom to Photoshop
- Handling software version mismatches
- Viewing and organizing Photoshop-edited photos in Lightroom
- Creating Lightroom presets for external editing
- Using Lightroom with Photoshop Elements
- Building a panorama with Lightroom and Photoshop
- Passing multiple photos to Photoshop for compositing
- Sending photos to Photoshop for retouching and removing content
- Bringing photos into Photoshop to add text and graphics