Join Bryan O'Neil Hughes for an in-depth discussion in this video Adjustment brush tricks, part of Lightroom Classic CC: Mastering the Develop Module (2017).
- [Instructor] So there will be times…that the radial filter and the graduated filter…just don't work, and that's when we want…to use the adjustment brush.…Now, we use the adjustment brush a little bit…for doing some spot retouching.…Earlier we were doing some teeth whitening,…and you can do all sorts of things with it.…It also works really well on an image like this…where the foreground is dark, the background is light,…neither one of them is a convenient shape…that we can just overlay.…So, if I jump into the develop module…my first step is to hit auto,…and sure enough the foreground looks much better.…
And if I pull in the highlights I get a little more…of the sky, but I feel like I'm missing something.…I feel like there's a lot more to it.…So, what I'll do is I'll go into the adjustment brush,…and I just want to set the adjustment brush so…that I can burn in the sky.…So, to do that I'm going to pull back the exposure a little.…I'm going to pull back the highlights a bit,…and I'm going to add some dehaze,…and then I'm going to come down here to the brush…
AuthorBryan O'Neil Hughes
In this course, Adobe Director of Product Management Bryan O'Neil Hughes explores the Develop module in-depth, stepping through the module's core tools and sharing insights along the way. The course concludes with chapters on essential time-saving shortcuts and on taking photos from Lightroom Classic CC to Photoshop for further enhancement.
- Order of operations
- White balance, tone, and color
- Lens correction and perspective control
- Applying presets on import
- Syncing files
- Lightroom across devices (iOS, Android, and the web)
- Moving to Photoshop
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Develop: Reviewing the Basics
2. The Develop Module in Depth
3. Develop Tools
4. Saving Time
5. Beyond the Desktop
6. Beyond Lightroom
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.