Join Bryan O'Neil Hughes for an in-depth discussion in this video Adjusting the toning of your image , part of Lightroom and Photoshop: Black-and-White Photography.
- Okay, so let's talk for a moment…about tinting or toning your monochromatic image.…The words mean something slightly different…in a digital workflow, than they did…in the chemical or film workflow.…But for the sake of this, I'll use them interchangeably.…I'll use them to describe adding color…to our black and white image.…And so here's an image that we're…just really quickly going to use…a black and white adjustment layer on,…and that looks fine, let's say we wanted…to add a tone to it.…We could come in here to tint,…you've got this little basic checkbox…that will take you into the color picker here.…
And be default it lands right here,…and we can choose any different tone…as strong as we like, warmer, cooler,…less saturated, pretty straightforward.…The other way to do this, and the way…I would prefer to do it is rather than…use tint here I would go ahead and create…your black and white adjustment layer,…make that look however you want,…and then on top of that do a photo filter.…And the photo filter will allow you…
AuthorBryan O'Neil Hughes
- Why black and white?
- Shooting with black and white in mind
- Preparing color images
- Black-and-white mixing and adding toning
- Utilizing presets effectively
- Creating black-and-white HDR images with Lightroom and Photoshop
- Taking advantage of black-and-white adjustment layers
- Adjusting the toning of images
- Working with the Silver Efex plugin
- Converting to black and white on the go
Skill Level Intermediate
Photography Foundations: Black and Whitewith Ben Long3h 4m Intermediate
Photoshop Insider Training: Enhancing Photoswith Bryan O'Neil Hughes1h 37m Intermediate
1. Black-and-White Considerations
Thinking in black and white1m 23s
2. Black-and-White First Steps in Lightroom
3. Black and White in Photoshop
5. An End-to-End Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.