Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding flags, stars, and labels more quickly, part of Lightroom 5 Essentials: 02 Managing Images with the Library Module.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Now that we know a little bit about how we can rate or rank our photographs by using…flags, stars, or color labels, what I want to do here is talk about how we can…speed up our work flow when we're adding these different criteria.…Because one of the things that you'll discover is that this is something that…you'll do quite frequently. So in order to speed up our work flow when…it comes to rating or ranking our pictures, Lets take a look at a few…techniques that we can use. Now we already know that we can use the…Arrow keys in order to scroll through photographs.…Here I'll go ahead and tap the Right Arrow key in order to move forward through these pictures.…Now whenever you come to a photograph that you want to add a flag or star or color…labeled to. You obviously can go to this area on the…toolbar and simply click on the icon. Or you can also use some really valuable shortcuts.…
In order to highlight the shortcuts, I want to jump to another slide where I have…these shortcuts listed. And here it is.…You can see that for flagging we have three shortcuts.…
- Adding flags, stars, and labels to images
- Filtering your library by text, metadata, and file type
- Stacking photos into groups
- Creating a collection to group images
- Tagging images with locations
- Processing images in the Library module
- Viewing and editing videos
- Working with the DNG file format
- Adding copyright metadata to photos
- Adding keywords
- Opening images in Photoshop
- Exporting, emailing, and publishing photos
Skill Level Beginner
1. Rating, Ranking, and Labeling Your Photographs
2. Filtering and Finding Photographs
3. Organizing with Collections
4. Managing Images with the Map Module
Creating saved locations4m 41s
5. Processing Images in the Library Module
6. Viewing and Editing Videos
7. Exporting and Publishing Videos
8. Working with the DNG File Format
9. Working with Metadata
10. Opening Images in Photoshop
11. Exporting, Emailing, and Publishing Photographs
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.