Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video About post-processing workflow, part of Introduction to Photography: Lightroom Classic CC and Photoshop.
- There is no one single approach to workflow. I do think that if you look at the workflows of a lot of different experienced photographers, you'll find a lot in common. What I'm trying to say is that there's a lot to learn from someone with workflow experience, but it's also fine to tweak workflow according to your own needs and predilections. There are also many different tools for performing each of the steps that I defined in the last movie. Those steps have nothing to do with Photoshop or Lightroom specifically, they are simply the things that need to happen to get through a successful workflow.
It doesn't matter which tools you use to accomplish those steps, and there's a lot of different tools out there. Lightroom was designed to be a single application that can handle all of your workflow processes. Having all those steps rolled into one app is convenient and keeps some part of the workflow process simple. But if you prefer or need to do some parts differently or if you simply don't like some of Lightroom's tools, then you can build up a workflow out of other pieces of software. In this course, we're not going to go into specifics about particular tools.
There are plenty of other places in our library for that. Instead, we're simply trying to build an understanding of the steps required for a good workflow. Once you know those, you can choose whatever tools you want to build up a workable post-production process.
Where to begin learning tools like these? Right here. In this course, photographer, author, and educator Ben Long introduces the concepts and creative options behind photographic post-processing. From fixing problems to retouching, Ben shows how to do it, without overdoing it, with Lightroom Classic CC, Photoshop, and the Adobe mobile apps.
- Importing and organizing images in Lightroom
- Rating images in Lightroom
- Adjusting images in Lightroom
- Retouching in Photoshop
- Making pixel-level edits in Photoshop
- Syncing and editing images in Lightroom mobile